- Anesthesia of up to five mice in the UVP iBox Scientia and iBox Spectra allows researchers to capture more images in less time.
- The iBox Explorer accommodates anesthesia and placement of up to two mice inside the darkroom.
- Easier to clean: The new warming plate has an easy-to-clean, flat, RTV free, surface.
- Easy to use:
- Hosing quick connects and disconnects.
- Flow meter to easily check and monitor gas flow.
- Minimal use of Isoflurane or Sevoflurane.
- New safety features:
- A thermal cutoff switch activates if the plate exceeds temperature specifications.
- Anesthesia exhaust tubes, connections, chamber, and flush mechanisms are designed to prevent
exposure to Isoflurane gas in the lab.
Easy to Use Configuration
The Anesthesia System combines several components to regulate and administer a combination of
oxygen and isoflurane gas to the animal.
- The initial anesthesia is performed in the induction chamber.
- The animal is then moved to the warming plate inside the iBox System darkroom. The plate
generates uniform temperature conditions which maintain a safe body temperature of the animal during
the imaging process.
- A low profile breathing device on the plate connects to patented valves. These valves control
the gas flow through the nose cone to protect the animal and technician from overexposure to gas.
The breather incorporates multiple ports to accommodate up to five mice.
The iBox system facilitates the quick image capture of the animal. While imaging is
performed, it is important that there is no movement of the subject. The Anesthesia System used
with the iBox minimizes movement and allows the animal to use less anesthesia reducing stress and potential side-effects while imaging. The anesthesia also allows quick recovery time of the animal.
The simple design is easy to set up with the iBox System and ensures a straightforward process for controlling small animal anesthesia.
- Oxygen Regulator
- Five-Port Breathing Device
- Mouse Nosecones and Plugs
- Rat Nosecones and Plugs
- Charcoal Filters
- Filter Stands
- Isoflurane Vaporizer
- Vaporizer Stand & Flow Meter
- Induction Chamber
Note: If ordering the Anesthesia System separately (without an iBox), please order the Warming Plate as an additional line item.
Note: Oxygen and Isoflurane are not included. For oxygen tanks or isoflurane liquid ordering information, contact UVP for supplier information.
The patented Anesthesia System has passed rigorous testing by the National Institute of Environmental
Health Sciences (NIEHS) and creates a safe environment for laboratory staff.
The large five-position warming plate is included with UVP iBox Scientia and iBox Spectra. The iBox Explorer2 includes a small built-in warming plate.
- 95-0538-01 100-115V
- 95-0538-01 230V